Win a Roaring Prosperous Year of Shopping
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Step 1: Spend a minimum of RM100 or above in a single receipt from 16 December 2021 – 16 February 2022 at any participating Giant /Cold Storage/Mercato /TMC outlet in Malaysia.
(Purchase shall EXCLUDE cigarettes, infant milk powder, Cash Vouchers, Touch&Go top up & mobile prepaid top up).
Step 2: Submit your participation via WhatsApp to +6012-848 3343
- Key in the required details as follows: –
- Full Name,
- MyKad No/ Passport No,
- Receipt No,
- Complete the slogan in 3 words:
- May the year of Tiger be _______, _______, _______
Example: Rose, 890917075110, Inv: 10114, May the year of the Tiger be roarsome, great, and pawsitive.
- Attach a photo of the original receipt (“Proof of Purchase”)
*Retain the original Proof of Purchase for verification purposes if you are selected as the shortlisted participants.
Note : You will received the following message once your submission is valid and accepted.
“Thank you for your participation in the Win a Roaring Prosperous Year of Shopping!
Please retain the original receipt for future verification purposes, if required.
For full Terms & Conditions of the Contest, please refer https://promo.dairy-farm.com.my/contest/ or contact the Contest Helpline at 03-5635 1391 (Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm excluding public holidays).
Thank you for shopping with us!”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in Win a Roaring Prosperous Year of Shopping (the “Contest”), you (the “Participant”) are taken to have read, understood and agreed to abide by and to be bound by the following terms and conditions: –
- The Contest is organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Company Number: 200401028527 (667035-P)) [GCHR] (the “Organiser”) and is open to all Malaysian citizens, permanent residents in Malaysia and/or other nationalities with valid Malaysia working Visa aged 18 years and above (as of December 2021) (the “Participant”), except for the employees of the Organiser, their business partners, affiliated companies, suppliers/distributors, promotion/ advertising/ public relations agencies and other parties involved in this Contest.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, an eligible Participant means a unique customer (identified by their MyKad No/ Passport No) who had spent a minimum of RM100 in a single receipt during the Contest Period (16 December 2021 – 16 February 2022) at any Organiser’s participating outlets and had submitted their participation by WhatsApp successfully.
- Each submission must be accompanied by the required Proof of Purchase. The Organiser shall have the right to disqualify and/or reject the submission where:-
- the Proof of Purchase is duplicate, incorrect, unclear, torn or damaged; and/or
- the required details are not provided, incomplete, illegible, unclear and/or inaccurate
- Any duplicate submission will be treated as a single submission
- Eligible Participant who spends with Hong Leong Bank Credit/Debit Card will be entitled to double their entries with every minimum spend of RM100.
- Eligible Participant must participate using a valid Mobile Number registered in Malaysia.
- Each submission will enable the Participant entry based on the table and example below.
in a Single Receipt
Contest Entries earned with
Successful WhatsApp Submission
Every RM 100 Spend 1 Every RM 100 Spend with Hong Leong Bank Cards 2
Example 1: Rose purchased RM388 in a single receipt and pay with cash, she is then entitled to 3 entries when she successfully submits her participation by WhatsApp.
Example 2: Rose purchased RM688 in a single receipt and pay using a Hong Leong Bank Credit Card, she is then entitled to 12 entries when she submits her participation by WhatsApp.
- The Contest starts at 12:00 A.M. on 16 December 2021 and ends at 11:59 P.M. on 16 February 2022 (“Contest Period”).
- All entries received outside the Contest Period will be rejected and deemed invalid.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Contest Period at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
- Contest Prize (“Prizes”):-
- Grand Prize x 8 winners – Giant/ Cold Storage/ Mercato Gift Voucher worth RM8,000 each
- Consolation Prize x 80 winners – Giant/ Cold Storage/ Mercato Gift Voucher worth RM800 each
- Contest Prize (“Prizes”):-
*(Type of Gift Vouchers awarded will be determined by the highest value purchase from eligible Participants’ submission. Example, an eligible participant spends RM500 in Mercato and RM100 in Giant, the Participant will be awarded the Mercato Gift Vouchers if chosen as the winner).
*(Eligible Participant’s spending in TMC outlets will be considered as Giant spending for the purpose of this Contest)
- Winner Selection:-
- At the end of this Contest, each received entry will be tabulated to every unique eligible Participant.
- An eligible Participants will be shortlisted (Shortlisted Participants) from the most contest entries earned to the least in a descending order.
- In the event of a tie (similar number of contest entries), the shortlisted Participants will be determined by the submitted slogan based on its originality and creativity by a panel of judges.
- Shortlisted Participants will be contacted via telephone on the best effort basis with maximum of three (3) attempts of which the next two attempts will be made within 24 hours from the first call attempt. In the event a Shortlisted Participant is not contactable/responsive, the next lower contest entries will be contacted. The Organiser will not be held responsible under any circumstances if the Shortlisted Participant is not contactable/available.
- Shortlisted Participants are required to WhatsApp a full & clear photo of their Proof of Purchase and their MyKad / Passport for verification within five (5) working days from the date of notification or the Prize will be forfeited.
- Winner announcement will be published on 15 March 2022 at the official Giant Malaysia / Cold Storage Malaysia and Mercato Malaysia Facebook page.
- No Winner announcements will be made via Short Messaging Service (SMS). The Organiser will never ask for sensitive information such as bank account information, online/mobile banking login details and Credit/Debit Card numbers during the telephone call, and Participant should never required to make any banking transaction.
- Grand Prize:-
- Winners are required to collect the Prize at their preferred participating outlet (Giant/Cold Storage/Mercato/TMC) within 1 month from the date of winners announcement or no later than 15 April 2022, with redemption letter issued by the Organiser together with the original Proof of Purchase, or the Prize will be forfeited.
- Any costs, taxes, fees and/or other costs and/or expenses incurred to collect the Prize, is at the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Consolation Prize:-
- Prizes will be delivered to winners based on the address provided by the winners to the Organiser.
- It is the responsibility of each winners to provide the correct and valid address.
- The Prizes will be delivered via courier service within 1 month from the date of winners announcement.
- In the event of undelivered Prizes, it’s the winners’ responsibility to notify the Organiser no later than 30 April 2022. Any non-receipt of Prizes claim or notification after 30 April 2022 will not be entertained.
- In no event shall the Organiser be responsible for the late, wrong, or unclaimed delivery of the Prize(s), where in such event the winner agrees that the Prize(s) allocated shall be forfeited after the above stipulated period.
- All Prizes are bound to the terms as stipulated in the letter of confirmation/prize agreement/prize voucher and are subject to the availability
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and not transferable. The Prizes will only be given to the winner who is able to satisfy all the requirements as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The Organiser reserves the right to provide an alternative Prize with similar value without prior notification to the winners at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Organiser, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and their representatives shall not be liable any defects or misuse of the Prizes, claims, liabilities, losses or damages in connection with this Contest.
- Participant shall be entitled to win a maximum of one (1) Prize only throughout the Contest Period.
- Any costs, taxes, fees and/or other costs and/or expenses incurred to participate in this Contest and/or to collect and/or to courier the Prizes (if required), is at the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Organiser would like to alert the Participant to take reasonable precautions when receiving any phone calls or electronic messges requesting for your personal information(s) during and/or after the Contest. The Organiser would also like to advise our valued Participant to call our Contest Helpline @ 03-5635 1391 for verification regarding to the Contest.
Rights of the Organiser
- By participating in this Contest, Participant agrees and have given the Organiser the right to use their name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and any related information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any video(s), recording(s) and/or social media postings in connection with the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participant and Participant who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
- The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in this Contest, including their directors, officers and/or agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorised parties during the Contest Period; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the Prize.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion amend the Terms and Conditions set herein without prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding on all Participant of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
- If for any reason this Contest is unable to proceed as planned for (and not limited) reasons such as WhatsApp account technical error, telecommunication failure, computer virus, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, any acts of government not limited to movement control order or any other reason beyond the Organiser control, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest.
- The Organiser at its sole discretion may remove and/or disqualify any Participant and/or entries if found or suspected of cheating/hacking/tampering/manipulating with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or in violation of any Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
Liability and Responsibility
- Participant and winners shall assume full liability and responsibility in any case and responsible for any liability, unexpected event, injury, damage, claim or accident (including death) caused by their participation in this Contest and/or redemption, use and/or delivery of the Prizes and agree to release the Organiser and its agencies from any claim whatsoever for any injury, accident, loss of life nor loss of economy and others.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event the Organiser or any of its officer, employee, representative and /or agent (including, any third party agencies that deals with the Organiser for the purposes of this Contest) be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of income, profits or goodwill or indirect damages, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise in connection with this Contest, although the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, any other order or rules of the Contest as stated at https://promo.dairy-farm.com.my/contest/ or otherwise, shall also bind all Participant and their participation in this Contest.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any terms contained in any promotional materials for this Contest, the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Participant confirms all the information given on the WhatsApp submission is true and valid. Participant agrees to grant the right to the Organiser to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the information at any time from time to time.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant give their consent to and authorise the Organiser to collect, store, use, process their names, masked Identification Numbers (IC) and other particulars [“Personal Data”] for the purpose of running the Contest, including but not limited to announcing and publishing Personal Data and/or photos of the Participant the Organiser’s website for advertising and publicity purposes.
- The Participant also give their consent to their respective banks to share and disclose their Personal Data to the Organiser for the purpose related to the Contest.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant also gives consent and permission to the Organiser to share or collect their Personal Data including with third parties (if required) not limited to the Organiser’s agents or any financial institution in Malaysia. All such third parties are contractually required, not using the Participant’s Personal Data except in the manner set forth herein.
For further enquiries about this Contest, please log on to https://promo.dairy-farm.com.my/contest/ or call the Contest Helpline @ 03-5635 1391, Mon – Fri, 10.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. excluding public holidays.