(General Merchandise & Non-Trade)
Main Purpose of the Role
- – Responsible for the management of the Quality Management System (QMS) 3 Steps to Quality for General Merchandise (GMS) / Non-Trade – Hard / Soft Lines sourced through our Malaysia sourcing office.
- – Provide Technical expertise in General Merchandise / Apparel / Non-Trade products.
- – Support the Sourcing teams to ensure full due diligence is executed when selecting all GMS Non-Trade suppliers and products.
- – Establish the appropriate testing / inspection requirements with the approved and appointed third party laboratories, to ensure we are consistently producing safe, legal and consistent products / equipment for our customers / colleagues / stores – in all our markets.
- – Sets the appropriate specifications with our suppliers for all Dairy Farm own brand items.
- – Manage the surveillance of all products using our risk-based approach.
- – Manage the non-compliance program with suppliers / merchandise teams.
- – Manage our South East Asia and India Subcontinent supplier performance.
Key Priority & Challenges
- – Ensure products are local-legal for all destination markets
- – Managing workload across Non-Trade and GMS teams
- – Work with Merchandisers to ensure products are fit for purpose
- – Ensure every product has a full up-to-date technical file and production samples
- – Monitoring supplier performance in relation to the Quality Management System (3 Steps to Quality)
- – Regulatory expert in their own field
- – Ensure the sourcing teams are updated on any regulatory changes and find solutions to mitigate risk and impact to business by proactively preparing the business and suppliers
- – Ensure Safety, Legality and Quality of all DFI GMS and Non-Trade products is consistently delivered
- – Develop and implement all the tools and training necessary in order to support all GMS and Non-Trade Quality driven programs: Auditing, Testing, Inspection
- – Support Head of Product Technology to host supplier and internal briefings / training sessions as required
- – Work closely with all third-party service providers – review reports and ensure products are consistently fully compliant. Monitor service levels and performance of service providers and coordinate with colleagues to provide constructive feedback on a routine basis
- – Monitor and manage own supplier performance and report to Head of Product Technology
- – Manage the non-conformance management program for suppliers, including complaints management and supplier scorecards
- – Support the Head of Product Technology with all external discussions with any government or non-government agencies regarding GMS or Non-Trade non-compliances and provide timely updates on non-conformance management to business units as required.
- – Ensure full implementation of corrective actions – including product withdrawals and recalls
- – Degree in an Engineering / Manufacturing background or other related degree
- – Must have experience with General Merchandise products from either manufacturing, retail or testing.
- – Textiles / Clothing development or manufacturing is preferred
- – Toy and Seasonal experience a plus
- – Minimum 7 years’ experience in Retail / Manufacturing of General Merchandise / Non-Trade or other management role in the inspection / testing / auditing industry – preferably multi-national
- – QA / QC Management program experience in BRC / ISO or similar international quality management system
- – Formal training in internal and external auditing is a plus
- – Experience with ethical trading and CSR desirable
- – Independent and self-motivated with strengths in planning and implementation
- – Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- – Effective communicator across hierarchies and businesses
- – Proficient written and spoken English is essential
- – Must be comfortable using MS Office (word / excel / ppt)