Main Purpose of the Role
• Responsible for the management of the Quality Management System (QMS) 3 Steps to Quality for General Merchandise (GMS) / Non-Trade – Hard / Soft Lines sourced through our Malaysia sourcing office.
• Provide Technical expertise in General Merchandise / Apparel / Non-Trade products.
• Support the Sourcing teams to ensure full due diligence is executed when selecting all GMS Non-Trade suppliers and products.
• Establish the appropriate testing / inspection requirements with the approved and appointed third party laboratories, to ensure we are consistently producing safe, legal and consistent products / equipment for our customers / colleagues / stores – in all our markets.
• Sets the appropriate specifications with our suppliers for all Dairy Farm own brand items.
• Manage the surveillance of all products using our risk-based approach.
• Manage the non-compliance program with suppliers / merchandise teams.
• Manage our South East Asia and India Sub Continent supplier performance.
Key Priority & Challenges
• Ensure products are local-legal for all destination markets
• Managing workload across Non-Trade and GMS teams
• Work with Merchandisers to ensure products are fit for purpose
• Ensure every product has a full up-to-date technical file and production samples
• Monitoring supplier performance in relation to the Quality Management System (3 Steps to Quality)
• Regulatory expert in their own field
• Ensure the sourcing teams are updated on any regulatory changes and find solutions to mitigate risk and
impact to business by proactively preparing the business and suppliers
• Ensure Safety, Legality and Quality of all DFI GMS and Non-Trade products is consistently delivered
• Develop and implement all the tools and training necessary in order to support all GMS and Non-Trade
Quality driven programs: Auditing, Testing, Inspection
• Support Head of Product Technology to host supplier and internal briefings / training sessions as required
• Work closely with all third-party service providers – review reports and ensure products are consistently fully
compliant. Monitor service levels and performance of service providers and coordinate with colleagues to
provide constructive feedback on a routine basis
• Monitor and manage own supplier performance and report to Head of Product Technology
• Manage the non-conformance management program for suppliers, including complaints management and supplier scorecards
•Support the Head of Product Technology with all external discussions with any government or non-
government agencies regarding GMS or Non-Trade non-compliances and provide timely updates on non-
conformance management to business units as required.
• Ensure full implementation of corrective actions – including product withdrawals and recalls
• Degree in an Engineering / Manufacturing background or other related degree
• Must have experience with General Merchandise products from either manufacturing, retail or testing.
• Textiles / Clothing development or manufacturing is preferred
• Toy and Seasonal experience a plus
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in Retail / Manufacturing of General Merchandise / Non-Trade or other
management role in the inspection / testing / auditing industry – preferably multi-national
• QA / QC Management program experience in BRC / ISO or similar international quality management system
• Formal training in internal and external auditing is a plus
• Experience with ethical trading and CSR desirable
• Independent and self-motivated with strengths in planning and implementation
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Effective communicator across hierarchies and businesses
• Proficient written and spoken English is essential
• Must be comfortable using MS Office (word / excel / ppt)