Giant 76th Anniversary with MyDebit Contest
17 September – 28 October 2020
HOW TO PARTICIPATE (1): Via WhatsApp
Step 1: Spend a minimum of RM76 in a single receipt using MyDebit ATM Card between 17th September 2020 t0 28th October 2020 at any participating Giant outlets in West Malaysia only.
Step 2: Provide the correct answer to the question below:-
The Grand Prize for Giant 76th Anniversary with MyDebit Contest is Perodua Bezza 1.0 G (A) for 3 winners.True or False?
Step 3: Submit your participation and answer via WhatsApp to +6012-238 3948
a.Key in required details and correct answer as follows:
<Full Name, NRIC, Receipt No, Answer>
*Receipt number is located at the bottom of the original receipt
Example: Mohamad Ali, 890917075110, Inv: 10114, TRUE
b.Attach a photo of the Giant receipt & bank slip (“Proof of Purchase”)
*Retain the original Proof of Purchase for verification purposes if you are shortlisted as a winner.
c.By submitting entries via WhatsApp, the Participant is deemed to have read and agreed to the privacy notice set forth in this Terms & Conditions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE (2): Via Whoop! App (Available on Android Play Store / iOS App Store)
Step 1: Spend a minimum of RM76 in a single receipt using MyDebit ATM Card between 17th v September 2020 to 28th October 2020 at any participating Giant outlets in West Malaysia only.
Step 2: Sign up for Whoop! App (registration for the first time only).
Step 3: Click on the “Giant 76th Anniversary with MyDebit Contest’’ banner.
Step 4: Take a clear photo of the Proof of Purchase and retain the Proof of Purchase for verification purposes if you are shortlisted as a winner.
Step 5: Provide the correct answer to Contest question and key in the required details.
*By submitting entries via Whoop! App, the Participant is deemed to have read and agreed to the privacy notice set forth in this Terms & Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in the Giant 76th Anniversary with MyDebit Contest (the “Contest”), you (the “Participant”) are taken to have read, understood and agreed to abide by and to be bound by the following terms and conditions: –
- The Contest is jointly organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Company Number: 200401028527 (667035-P)) and Payment Network Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Company Number: 200801035403 (836743-D)) [PayNet] (collectively referred as the “Organiser”).
- The Contest is open to all Giant customers in Malaysia who are permanent residents or Malaysians citizens aged 18 years and above (as of September 2020), with a valid identification document and must be MyDebit Automated Teller Machine [“ATM”] cardholder issued by the participating MyDebit financial institution in Malaysia (the “Issuing Bank”) during the Contest Period is eligible to participate in this Contest [ the “Participant”].
- The Participant must also have a valid account with any of the issuing bank and the account must be in a good financial standing and not dormant during the Contest Period until the completion of the redemption of Prizes.
- Individuals listed below are not eligible to participate in this Contest:
- Employees of the Organiser [including its associates, subsidiaries or related companies thereto] and their immediate family members [children, parents, siblings, including spouses]; and/or
- Representatives, employees and/or the advertising agencies or promotional agencies of the Organiser [including its associated and related companies], and their immediate family members [children, parents, siblings, spouses
- Contest starts at 12:00 A.M. on 17th September 2020 and ends at 11:59 P.M. on 28th October 2020.
- All entries received outside the Contest Period will be rejected and deemed invalid.
- The Organiser reservers the right to amend, extend or terminate the Contest Period at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
How to participate
- Spend a minimum of RM76 and above at any Giant outlets by using the MyDebit ATM card as a mode of payment.
- The Proof of Purchase with a clearly printed receipts may be accepted as a valid entry and send their entry via Whats App or Whoop! App as mentioned above. Participant who is selected as winner is required to submit their Proof of Purchase before the redemption/fulfilment of the Prizes can be completed. Failure to do so would result in the cancellation of the Prizes won by the Participant.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they wish within the Contest Period but each entry must be accompanied with the required Proof of Purchase. Each Proof of Purchase is eligible for one (1) entry only. The Organiser shall have the right to disqualify and/or reject entries where: –
- the Proof of Purchase is duplicate, incorrect, unclear, torn or damaged; and/or
- the required details are not provided, incomplete, illegible, unclear and/or inaccurate.
- Contest Prize (“Prizes”):-
- Grand Prize x 3 winners – Perodua Bezza 1.0 G (A) (excluded registration fee, roadtax and insurance);
- First Prize x 10 winners – Sharp 31L Steam Oven;
- Second Prize x 10 winners – Sharp J-Tech Inverter 2-Door Refrigerator;
- Third Prize x 10 winners – Philips Viva Collection Air Fryer;
- Fourth Prize x 30 winners – Habib Jewels Gold Bar 2g;
- Consolation Prize x 50 winners – Giant Gift Vouchers worth RM500 each.
- Winners Selection:-
- Each qualified entry will be assigned to one serial number.
- All qualified entries will be subjected to a random computerized selection process to shortlist the winners.
- The Grand Prize, First, Second, Third and Fourth Prizes winners will be contacted via telephone on the best effort basis with maximum of three (3) attempts of which the next two attempts will be made within 24 hours from the first call attempt and Consolation Prize winners will be contacted via WhatsApp. In the event a shortlisted winner is not contactable/response, the next lower number from the shortlisted winners’ serial number will be contacted. The Organiser shall not be held responsible under any circumstances if the shortlisted winner is not available/contactable.
- The Winners are required to send in the Proof of Purchase and photocopy of their NRIC for verification purposes via courier or Pos Laju to Giant 76th Anniversary with MyDebit Contest, No.15, Block B, Lot 756, Jalan Subang 3, 47610 Subang Jaya, Selangor within five (5) working days from the date of notification via phone or Prizes will be forfeited.
- The Grand Prize winners are required to collect their prize at the place to be determined by the Organiser and will be informed from time to time.
- Unless stated otherwise, all other prizes will be delivered to the winners based on the address provided by the winners. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide the correct and valid address. In no event shall the Organiser be responsible for the late, wrong, or unclaimed delivery of the prize, where in such event the winner agrees that the prize allocated will be forfeited.
- All Prizes are bound to the terms as stipulated in the letter of confirmation/prize agreement/prize voucher.
- Images of the Prizes shown in any promotional materials, advertisements, publicities and other materials relating to this Contest are solely for illustrative purposes only and may not depict the actual Prizes.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and not transferable. The Prizes will only be given to the winner who is able to satisfy all the requirements as set out in the Terms and Conditions. The Organiser reserves the right to provide an alternative prize with similar value without prior notification at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Organiser, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and their representatives shall not be liable any defects or misuse of the Prizes, claims, liabilities, losses or damages in connection with this Contest.
- The winner must claim their Prizes within TWO (2) months after being notified by the Organiser (via telephone and/or Whatapps or any other communication channels). In the event the winner fails to claim the Prizes or nominate a representative within the stipulated time, the Organiser reserves the right to forfeit the Prizes and award the Prizes to another winner. Winner must present a valid identification document to redeem/receive their Prizes.
- The Winner that require a representative to claim their prizes on their behalf must ensure to provide a letter of authorization issued by the winner along with a copy of the winner and the representative’s valid identification document.
- Participant will only be entitled to win a maximum of one (1) prize throughout the Contest Period.
- Any costs, taxes, fees and/or other costs and/or expenses incurred to participate in this Contest and/or to collect and/or to courier the Prizes (if required), is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Organiser would like to alert the Participants to take reasonable precautions when receiving any phone calls or messages requesting for your personal information(s) during and/or after the Contest. The Organiser would also like to advise our valued participants to call our hotline for verification regarding to the Contest.
Rights of the Organiser
- By participating in this Contest, Participant agrees and have given the Organiser the right to use the name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and any related information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any taping(s) and recording(s) in connection with the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participant and Participant who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
- The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and/or agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorized parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion amend the Terms and Conditions set herein without prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding on all Participants of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
- If for any reason this Contest is unable to proceed as planned for (and not limited) reasons such as computer virus, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, any acts of government not limited to movement control order or any other reason beyond the Organiser control, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest.
- The Organiser at its sole discretion may remove and/or disqualify any Participant and/or entries if found or suspected of cheating/hacking/tampering/manipulating with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or in violation of any Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
Liability and Responsibility 1. Participant and winner shall assume full liability and responsibility in any case will be fully liable and responsible for any liability, unexpected event, injury, damage, claim or accident (including death) caused by their participation in this Contest and/or redemption, use and/or delivery of the Prizes and agree to release the Organiser and its agencies from any claim whatsoever for any injury, accident, loss of life nor loss of economy and others. 2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event the Organiser or any of its officer, employee, representative and /or agent (including, any third party agencies that deals with the Organiser for the purposes of this Contest) be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of income, profits or goodwill or indirect damages, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise in connection with this Contest, although the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
3. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, any other order or rules of the Contest as stated at https://www.giant.com.my/or otherwise, shall also bind all Participant and their participation in this Contest.
4. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any terms contained in any promotional materials for this Contest, the terms contained at https://www.giant.com.my/ shall prevail.
5. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions with the Malay version, the English version will prevail.
- Participant confirm all the information given on the WhatsApp/Whoop! App submission is true and valid. Participant agrees to grant the right to the Organiser to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant give their consent to and authorize the Organiser to collect, store, use, process their names, masked Identification Numbers (IC) and other particulars [“Personal Data”] for the purpose of running the Contest, including but not limited to announcing and publishing Personal Data and/or photos of the Participant the Organiser’s website for advertising and publicity purposes.
- The Participant also give their consent to their respective banks to share and disclose their Personal Data to the Organiser for the purpose related to the Contest.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant also gives consent and permission to the Organiser to share or collect their Personal Data including with third parties (if required) not limited to the Organiser’s agents or any financial institution in Malaysia. All such third parties are contractually required, not using the Participant’s Personal Data except in the manner set forth herein.
- Participant has the right to obtain access, request correction or withdraw consent to disclose any personal information held by the Organiser. Such request can be made via email at email@example.com or by post to GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. Mezzanine Floor, Giant Hypermarket Shah Alam Stadium, Lot 2, Persiaran Sukan, Seksyen 13, 40100 Shah Alam, Selangor. Refer to giant.com.my for full details of Full Notice under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
For further enquiries about this Contest, please log on to www.giant.com.my or call 03-7723 9393, Mon – Fri, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. excluding public holidays