22 Nov 2019 – 15 Dec 2019
Terms & Conditions
a) The Giant – School Holiday Challenge [“Contest”] is organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. Company No. 200401028257 [667035-P] [the “Organiser”].
b) The Contest will run from 22 Nov 2019 – 15 Dec 2019 [“Contest Period”], with a total of a minimum of ONE (1) challenge to be completed during the Contest Period. All entries received before and/or after the Contest Period shall not be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, postpone, reschedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice.
c) The Contest is open to all followers of the ‘Giant Malaysia’s’ Facebook page aged 18 years and above [each a “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”] except the employees and the immediate family members of the Organiser; their advertising and promotional agencies and associate companies. In the event that a Participant is below 18 years of age at the date of participation, the Participant is required to obtain written consent from his/her parent/guardian before joining this Contest and upon request by the Organiser, will be required to present the same. Proof of identification documents may be required.
d) By participating in this Contest, the Participant is deemed to have fully and unconditionally agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated hereinafter. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, add and/or delete any of these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and Participants shall be bound by such changes. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who does not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or if the Organiser is of the view that the Participant fails to meet any of the Organiser’s participation criteria.
e) Steps to participate in the Contest are as follows: -
● Like Giant Malaysia official page on Facebook.
● Complete the School Holiday Challenge Facebook (“Contest Post”) by re-creating at least ONE (1) out of the THREE (3) challenges.
● All ingredients/items used to recreate the challenge posted must be purchased from any Giant store. The original receipt (“Proof of Purchase”) for the challenge must be retained and submitted to the Organiser for verification purposes.
● Submit your participation and attach a photo of the receipt (“Proof of Purchase”) via Facebook Messenger.
● Fill in your details (Full name, NRIC, delivery address, mobile number and email address).
● Participants may submit as many entries as they wish within the Contest Period, but each entry must be supported with the required Proof of Purchase. One (1) Proof of Purchase entitles Participants to one (1) Contest entry.
● Entries submitted after the submission period will be considered null and void.
● Any entry that is incomplete, damaged, difficult to read, late, incorrect or with insufficient Proof of Purchase will be disqualified automatically. The Organiser is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected entries or technical difficulties in submission of entries.
e) Contest Prizes (“Prize”)
RM100 Giant Gift Voucher x 3 Winners (the “Winner”)
● Prizes will be delivered to the address provided by the Winner upon participation of this Contest. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide a correct and valid address.
● All Prizes are bound to the terms and conditions attached to the Prizes. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative Prize of an equivalent value without prior notice. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. All Prizes are awarded by the Organiser on an “as is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other items or voucher.
● The Organiser will not be held liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of any form of notification to the Winner(s). All costs incidental to the Prize(s) collection and/or usage of the Prizes shall be solely borne by the Winners.
● It is the Winners’ responsibility to notify the Organiser on or before 31 December 2019 after the announcement of the Winners of any non-receipt of their Prizes. After which, all Prizes are deemed received by Winners.
● The Organiser’s decision on the determination of the Winners shall be final, binding and conclusive. No correspondence, queries, appeals or protests will be entertained.
f) Winner selection: -
i. Upon adherence of participation steps, selection of the Winner(s) will be conducted by the Organiser based on these following criteria:
● Follower of Giant Malaysia’s Facebook official page
● The most creative representation of the challenge visual.
● (“Proof of Purchase”) of ingredients/items from a Giant store.
Total of three (3) Winners will be selected for the entire Contest Period.
ii. Winners’ announcement will be made on 20 December 2019, 12PM.
iii. The shortlisted Participants will be contacted via Facebook Messenger and then contacted via the registered Phone Number that the Winner has provided. This will be done on a best effort basis with a maximum of three (3) attempts. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide a correct and valid phone number.
iv. Participants who have failed to respond within twenty-four (24) hours from the date of notification will be disqualified.
v. In the event a shortlisted Participant is not contactable, the next best submission from the shortlisted Participants will be selected.
• The Organiser, its related and associated companies, its agencies and companies associated with this Contest disclaim any and all liability arising from this Contest and will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or participation in this Contest, prize collection and/or usage of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Participants undertake that they shall not bring any claims or actions against the Organiser, or its related and associated companies, whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
• By participating in this Contest, Participants agree and have given the Organiser the rights to use their name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any taping(s) and recording(s) in connection with the Contest.
• All entries will be the property of the Organiser and the Participant will not claim, use, or exploit the entries for any purpose by any whatsoever mean at any time.
• The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorized parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
• The Organiser has the rights to publish and/or display particulars and/or photos of Winners in print media and electronic media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and winner announcement without any royalty or compensation.
• The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion to change, cancel, terminate, suspend this Contest and/or amend the Terms and Conditions set herein without any prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding upon all Participants of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
• The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants and Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
• The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that it determines or reasonably suspects to be tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions.
• Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
• If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned including by reason of virus attacks, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organiser may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, suspend this Contest, and/or invalidate any affected entries.
• All decisions made by the Organiser shall be final and binding in all aspects and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
It is the responsibility of the Participants to provide complete and valid information. Participant agrees to grant the rights to the Organiser to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.