20 August 2020 – 2 September 2020
Terms & Conditions
- The Snack at Home Challenge [“Contest”] is organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. [200401028527 [667035-P] [the “Organiser”].
- The Contest is open to all Malaysian and residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and above [each a “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”] except the employees and the immediate family members of the Organiser; their advertising and promotional agencies and associate companies. In the event that a Participant is below 18 years of age at the date of participation, the Participant is required to obtain written consent from his/her parent/guardian before joining this Contest and upon request by the Organiser, will be required to present the same. Proof of identification documents may be required.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant is deemed to have fully and unconditionally agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated hereinafter. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, add and/or delete any of these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and Participants shall be bound by such changes. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who does not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or if the Organiser is of the view that the Participant fails to meet any of the Organiser’s participation criteria.
- The Contest will run from 00:00 am on 20 August 2020 and ends by 23:59 pm on 2 September 2020. [“Contest Period”]. All entries received before or after the Contest Period shall not be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, postpone, reschedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they wish within the Contest Period but each entry must be supported with the required Proof of Purchase (hereinafter defined). One (1) Proof of Purchase entitles Participants to one (1) Contest entry.
- Participants will only be entitled to win a maximum of one (1) prize throughout the Contest Period.
- Make a purchase at any Giant store with a minimum of RM20 in a single receipt (“Proof of Purchase”) on the participating snack products* within the Contest Period .
Participants are required to keep the Proof of Purchase for verification purposes.
- Get creative and capture your snacking moments featuring your favourite snacks. The snack featured must be any one of the participating snack products.
- Share your photo or video by commenting on our GIANT Malaysia Facebook Page, Snack at Home Challenge Contest post, or post it on Instagram by tagging @GiantMalaysia and hashtag #GiantSnackAtHome #GiantMY.
- Then share with us your captions why you love these snacks along with your comment post.
Contest Prizes (“Prize”)
- The Contest Prize comprise of Giant Gift Vouchers worth RM300 each x 20 Winners.
- The Prize is not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- The Prizes will be delivered through courier service, to the mailing address provided by the Winner. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide a correct and valid address.
- All Prizes are bound to the terms and conditions attached to the Prizes. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute an alternative prize of an equivalent value without prior notice.
- The Organiser will not be held liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of any form of notification to the Winner(s). All costs incidental participating in this Contest and/or to the Prize(s) collection and/or usage of the Prizes shall be solely borne by the Winners.
- It is the Winners’ responsibility to notify the Organiser within five (5) working days of any non-receipt of their Prizes from the date of receiving the tracking number provided by the Organiser . After which, all Prizes are deemed received by Winners.
Winner selection: –
- Upon adherence of all participation steps, selection of the Winner(s) will be conducted based on these following criteria:
- Contest entries that are submitted on the respective Facebook Contest Post or Instagram post
- The creativity and originality of the photo and the captions story.
- There will be a total of 20 winners (the “Winner”) for the entire Contest Period.
- Winners’ announcement will be made on the Official Giant Malaysia Facebook Page and Instagram within sixty (60) working days from the last date of the Contest Period.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable in the event that the Winner(s) cannot be contacted for whatever reasons during the notification period. In the event a shortlisted Participant is not contactable, the next best submission from the shortlisted Participants will be selected.
- Shortlisted Participants will be required to send in their contact details within five (5) working days from the date of notification from Organiser to qualify for the Prize.
- If the Winner(s) does not respond and/or attempt or fails to claim the Prize within five (5) working days of successful notification, such Winner(s) shall be subject to disqualification, their Prize subject to forfeiture and an alternate .The Organiser reserves the rights to appoint a third party to conduct the verification of Winners and to fulfil the delivery of Prizes. Winners are to agree that the Organiser may provide all necessary information of Winners to such third party to facilitate such service.
- The Organiser, its related and associated companies, its agencies and companies associated with this Contest disclaim any and all liability arising from this Contest and will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or participation in this Contest, Prize collection and/or usage of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Participants undertake that they shall not bring any claims or actions against the Organiser, or its related and associated companies, whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
- By participating in this Contest, Participants agree and have given the Organiser the rights to use their name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any taping(s) and recording(s) in connection with the Contest.
- All entries will be the property of the Organiser and the Participant will not claim, use, or exploit the entries for any purpose by any whatsoever mean at any time.
- The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorised parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
- The Organiser has the rights to publish and/or display particulars and/or photos of Winners in print media and electronic media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and Winner announcement without any royalty or compensation.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion to change, cancel, terminate, suspend this Contest without any prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding upon all Participants of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants and Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
- The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that it determines or reasonably suspects to be tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned including by reason of virus attacks, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organiser may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, suspend this Contest, and/or invalidate any affected entries.
- All decisions made by the Organiser shall be final and binding in all aspects and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
By joining this Contest, Participants also acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram.
- It is the responsibility of the Participants to provide complete and valid information. Participant agrees to grant the rights to the Organizer to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.
- Participants may refer to giant.com.my for full details of full notice under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.2